Below are Five Websites You Can Trust for Accurate Coronavirus Information
CLICK HERE for the latest news, information and services from the Oklahoma State Department of Health
The Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma wants to assure residents that food assistance is available.
Anyone in need of food assistance should visit rfbo.org/get-help to find a nearby food pantry. The Regional Food Bank recommends that residents call a pantry before visiting to confirm operating hours and if there are any requirements such as presenting a photo ID. People can also call 405-972-1111 during work hours for assistance. For after hours, 2-1-1 can also provide information about food pantries.
The Regional Food Bank also encourages residents who are facing food insecurity to apply for SNAP assistance. The federal food assistance program provides monthly assistance with groceries. The Regional Food Bank can assist individuals with the application at rfbo.org/SNAP or call 405-600-3168.
HIGHLIGHTS: Here are some websites you can trust for accurate coronavirus information. The CDC’s guide to coronavirus . . . the WHO’s guide . . . the FDA’s guide to cures . . . the WHO’s situation reports . . . and tips from Dr. Oz.
FULL STORY: There’s a lot of information EVERYWHERE about coronavirus, and some of it isn’t always correct. Here are five websites you can trust with accurate answers to all of your questions.
- The CDC’s guide to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)– Lots of information on what you should know, symptoms, prevention and treatment, and developing news.
- The WHO’s guide to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Outbreak– How to protect yourself, travel advice, global research, and breaking news. Also check out their MYTH BUSTERS page.
- The FDA’s guide to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)– Lots of information about fraudulent cures, preventative measures, and testing.
- WHO Coronavirus disease (COVID-2019) situation reports– Updates on confirmed cases of the virus around the world.
- Dr. Oz’s Coronavirus Survival Protocol– Quick tips from Dr. Oz on how to keep yourself safe through lifestyle, hygiene, preparation, medicine, and food choices.